Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Custom animations, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- So far we've been looking at the animation…and effects functions that jQuery provides out of the box.…You can do quite a bit with these functions,…but there may come a point where you'll want…to combine various animations together…to build an effect that goes beyond the basics.…In addition to the pre-built animation functions…that jQuery gives you, there's a low level…animate function that you can use to create…custom animation for a wide variety of properties…on page elements.…Generally speaking, CSS properties that use…numeric values can be animated,…so for example, you can animate things like width…or height or border thickness.…
You can't animate say, the font family.…The animate function is pretty powerful…and has a lot of options, so it's beyond the scope…of this video to go deeply into all of them.…I'm going to focus on the core concepts…of using the function, and then you can take some time…to experiment with it some more.…There are two ways to call the animate function.…The first is with an object that specifies…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.