Creating a Marquee in WordPress with jQuery
Leverage the power of WordPress and some custom jQuery to create and manage a promotional homepage marquee for your website. Chris Converse covers creating custom content types, uploading graphics, and producing an interactive, animated marquee that shows different captions on smaller screens. The exercise files and code snippets for this course are free to all members, so it's easy to recreate this project for your own WordPress site.
This course was created by Chris Converse. We're honored to host this training in our library.
- Adding photos to the Media Library
- Creating a custom post type
- Adding custom CSS to your theme
- Retrieving data from the custom post type
- Injecting HTML and navigation
- Styling the large and small marquees
- Reordering the marquee panels
Preview the final project
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Creating a Marquee in WordPress with jQuery .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: This course was updated on 11/25/2014. What changed?
- A: We added one new movie about the dangers of modifying updateable themes.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics2,199,079 Views
jQuery Essential Training856,985 Views
WordPress 3: Building Child Themes948,852 Views
HTML Essential Training3,250,120 Views
CSS: Core Concepts2,248,440 Views