Create an Expandable FAQ Listing with jQuery
- Creating project folders
- Downloading and setting up the Aptana Studio working environment
- Adding in sample question and answer content
- Creating CSS rules for graphics
- Animating the graphic states
Previewing the final project
- Hi, this is Chris Converse and this is a course on creating an interactive FAQ for your website. I wanna start by showing a copy of the final project we'll be creating in this course. So what we're gonna be doing is creating an FAQ that's gonna have questions that you can roll your cursor over and get a little help icon. When I click on the actual question, it's gonna open the answer, it's gonna animate the Q and the A states over on the left hand side. And it's gonna open up the answer to whatever height it needs to accommodate all of the content inside of your answer. We're gonna be writing our script in such a way that you can add any number of questions and answers to a page.
And each question and answer will function independent of each other. We're also gonna add in the capability to auto open one of the answers based on an anchor link. So I'm gonna come here to the URL field here. Type in barchart, hit return and then hit reload, and we can see we can go to this page and automatically open one of the individual answers as well. Now, we are gonna be building this using jQuery, which means we're gonna get some cross compatibility, across different platforms and devices. So here we are in Windows 7, running IE9.
And I can see the exact same user experience running over here as well. The icon for the help is gonna look a little bit different than the Macintosh OS, but again, users who are used to this particular operating system, again, will see the help symbol show up, just like they would see on other sites. Click on the individual items again and open up the content that relates to the individual answers. We'll also get the same user experience across devices, let's look at the same experience over on an iPad. And again, tapping on these individual items will open up these pieces as well. So now to illustrate what we're actually gonna be building, I wanna bring up a sketch.
Create Animated Rollovers with jQuery43,748 Views
Create a Sliding Tabbed Panel with jQuery70,218 Views
Create an Animated Bar Chart with jQuery44,442 Views
HTML5 Projects: Integrating Google Store Locator46,152 Views
HTML5: Document Editing in Depth32,375 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training514,144 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,256 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,447,213 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,259,922 Views