- In this video, we're going to do something entirely new.…This is going to be a challenge.…If you look at this exercise file in chapter two,…0204 in the start folder, there's an index.html document.…If you load it in the browser,…you can see we have this form.…This if for a very imaginatively named company…called Formity Forms.…There are a series of questions…that need to be answered here…and we need to limit the number of characters…that are allowed to be entered in this field.…This is done using the max length attribute…on HTML elements,…but we'd like to update people as they're typing.…
As I'm typing, it updates.…Now that works on the first field,…but not on these other ones.…We're going to write a jQuery plugin…that can update this information in real time…and work on any field.…Let's take a look at the document…in a text editor to see what's going on.…Here we are in the file, and you can see…here are the text areas and this input field.…We're using max length on each of these.…Now looking down at the code,…
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Foundations of jQuery Plugins
2. Writing Your First Plugin
3. Diving Deeper with a Complex Plugin
4. Advanced Topics
Wrapping up3m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.