- Now it's time for a small challenge.…Open the index.html file…in the start folder…of Chapter 3, video 7.…You're gonna wanna open this example in Safari…if you're on a Mac,…or in Internet Explorer on Windows,…if you're just opening it…straight out of the Exercise Files.…We'll go over why in a minute.…Let's see what's happening here.…This is a page from the Bright Ideas blog,…with a scintillating first post.…Then, over here in the sidebar…is the area that we're gonna pay attention to,…the Our Partners area…with a couple of ads.…
It's not uncommon to have a suite of ads…that you'd like to pull in and randomize.…We have a plugin that's gonna do that.…Let's take a look at the code.…Here I am in that index.html file,…and the plugin is not yet running.…Let me uncomment this line and switch back.…Now if I reload,…I start to see a different selection of ads every time.…This will only work in Safari,…or Internet Explorer on Windows,…because we're using AJAX to pull these files in,…and those browsers have more lax security policies…
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Foundations of jQuery Plugins
2. Writing Your First Plugin
3. Diving Deeper with a Complex Plugin
4. Advanced Topics
Wrapping up3m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.