- Controlling font rendering with CSS
- Using web fonts
- Adjusting kerning
- Adding dimension to text
- Working with gradients and drop shadows
- Using 2D and 3D transforms
- Applying perspective
- Aligning split text
- Creating and triggering transitions
- Enabling animations
- Extending CSS with Lettering.js and Modernizr
Skill Level Intermediate
- [voiceover] Hi, I'm James Williamson, senior author at Lynda.com, and I want to welcome you to CSS, Advanced Typographic Techniques. I'm really excited about this course, because I get to do one of my favorite things, which is to play around and experiment with CSS. We're gonna tackle several projects that take working with typography beyond the basic capabilities of CSS and explores the artistic possibilities of what you can do with type. We're gonna be working with type shadows, animations, transforms, and other CSS properties that can be combined into creative typographic effects.
1. Getting Started
2. Using Lettering.js
3. Creating Dimensional Text
4. Creating Refracted Text
5. Animating Text
6. Using Modernizr
Additional resources2m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.