Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced selectors, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Code Practice
- [Instructor] Now that we've seen…some of the basic selectors and filters,…in this example I'm going to demonstrate…some of the more advanced selectors…that you can use in jQuery.…Let's open up the file…hier combo underscore start in the Editor.…Now, if you've ever worked with…some of the more advanced CSS selectors,…such as the parent-child or descendants selectors,…these are going to look very familiar to you…because they use the same syntax.…Let's begin with the child selector.…Alright, div angle bracket p and then dot css…and then we'll use the same trick as we used earlier.…
The child selector is indicated by the angle bracket…and what this basically means is…select this tag but only if it is an immediate child…of this kind of tag.…So this expression means…give me the paragraph tags that are immediate children…of a div element.…And, if we look down at the content of our example document…you can see that these paragraphs…are immediate children of this div…and then these paragraphs are immediate children…of this div,…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.