Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced filters, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's wrap up our investigation…of advanced filters by considering…the child and content filters.…So, in your Code Editor open up ChildVisCont…underscore start in the Editor.…Content filters let you filter the results…of jQuery selectors by examining the content…of the selectors themselves.…So, for the first example, I'll use the contains filter.…So, I'll write the selector to look for paragraph tags…and then use the css trick that we've been using.…
So I'm going to add the contains filter…and I'll write colon contains and then the string three.…In this example, my code selects paragraph tags…and it's using the contains filter…to select paragraph tags that contain this text string…which happens to be the number three.…And, if we scroll down into the document content,…you'll notice this paragraph here…has the number three in it.…So, this paragraph should have…a bold red border applied to it when we run this code.…
So, let's save and I'll bring this up in the browser…and you can see, sure enough,…paragraph three is being highlighted.…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.