Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding jQuery and CSS to your HTML document, part of Creating an Animated Bar Chart with jQuery.
That's going to equal, start typing includes, code completion will come up showing us…that folder, includes/chart.css.…Now we want to create a conditional statement only for Internet Explorer if it's…less than version 9 so that we can use those CSS alternative designs since IE7…and 8 don't support some of the CSS3 we're using.…So we're going to start by creating an HTML comment, beginning tag, Exclamation…Point, two hyphens, and then two hyphens and then close the tag.…Let's come in there and split that across two lines.…
On the first line let's add in two square brackets and an ending tag. Inside of…
To preview the finished project, visit codifydesign.com.
- Adding markup for chart bars
- Adding jQuery and CSS to an HTML document
- Declaring and setting the global variables
- Writing a custom function to position the bars
- Adding labels and value text to the bars
- Animating the bars based on their value
- Fading in bar values labels after the bar animations
- Adjusting chart sizing by updating CSS values