Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Upgrading to iTunes Media organization, part of Up and Running with iTunes 12.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In the previous movie I showed you how to consolidate…your iTunes Library by going to the File menu…and choosing Library, Organize Library,…and from here you could check Consolidate files.…The other option you'll find here…is Reorganize files in the folder iTunes Media.…Now if you did a fresh or clean install of iTunes 12…this option might be grayed out…with the message that you're media…is already organized into subfolders.…But let's talk a little bit about…what this iTunes Media folder is.…I'm gonna Cancel that for a moment.…And Hide iTunes.…
Now I've looked at the folder structure…of how iTunes keeps your media organized before,…but let's take another look.…On the Mac you can navigate to your Home folder,…then go to Music, iTunes,…and in here you'll either find all of your iTunes media…including videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and so on…in one folder named Music.…Or if your Library is already organized…into iTunes Media organization like mine is…you'll see separate folders inside this iTunes Media folder…for each type of media.…
- Differences between the Mac and Windows versions of iTunes
- Using the playback controls
- Importing music and videos
- Consolidating your library
- Finding duplicate songs
- Playing music, playlists, and radio
- Sharing and streaming content
- Purchasing content from the iTunes Store
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Speeding Up and Maintaining Your Macwith Nick Brazzi1h 32m Beginner
1. iTunes Interface
2. Importing Media
3. Managing Your Library
4. Playing Your Content
5. Sharing and Streaming Content
6. iTunes Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.