Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Keyboard controls, part of Up and Running with iTunes 12.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Sometimes instead of using iTunes buttons…to control the playback of your music,…it's much easier and quicker to use…keyboard commands.…Like many applications,…you can control many of iTunes most useful functions…using only your keyboard.…Of course you have to learn these keyboard shortcuts…before you can use them.…If you go to Help,…Keyboard Shortcuts,…and this is the same on both Mac and Windows,…you'll get a listing of the keyboard shortcuts…available in iTunes.…As you can see they're arranged here by category…like Play music, video, and more,…Create and manage playlists,…Manage your iTunes library and media files,…and so on.…
So for example,…we can see here that pressing Return or Enter…on Windows plays the selected song immediately.…(rock music)…And as I mentioned earlier,…pressing the space bar plays and pauses…the song as well.…Now the difference between the space bar…and the Return or Enter key…is that the Return or Enter key immediately starts…the selected song playing from the very beginning,…even if you're in the middle of the song someplace.…
- Differences between the Mac and Windows versions of iTunes
- Using the playback controls
- Importing music and videos
- Consolidating your library
- Finding duplicate songs
- Playing music, playlists, and radio
- Sharing and streaming content
- Purchasing content from the iTunes Store
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Speeding Up and Maintaining Your Macwith Nick Brazzi1h 32m Beginner
1. iTunes Interface
2. Importing Media
3. Managing Your Library
4. Playing Your Content
5. Sharing and Streaming Content
6. iTunes Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.