Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Dragging in song files, part of Up and Running with iTunes 12.
- In addition to importing music off audio CDs,…another way to get music into iTunes…is to simply drag music files in.…This is useful to know if someone…emails you an audio file or maybe…when you've downloaded an audio file…from another website or music-selling service,…and you wanna add it to your iTunes library.…So in this movie, I'd like to show you…how to drag files into iTunes.…Now before I do this, let's go back…to iTunes Preferences.…Again, it's Edit, Preferences on Windows.…And here under the Advanced area,…I wanna make sure that these two options here are checked,…Keep iTunes Media folder organized…and Copy files to iTunes Media folder…when adding to library.…
We're gonna see the significance of this…in just a moment, but for now,…I'm just making sure those are checked.…Click OK.…And I've copied to my desktop from the exercise files…a folder called import.…And in this folder are five audio files…I wanna add to my iTunes library.…Now, to do so, I just select them all,…and I can just drag them into the main iTunes window.…
- Differences between the Mac and Windows versions of iTunes
- Using the playback controls
- Importing music and videos
- Consolidating your library
- Finding duplicate songs
- Playing music, playlists, and radio
- Sharing and streaming content
- Purchasing content from the iTunes Store
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X Yosemite Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 4m Appropriate for all
Speeding Up and Maintaining Your Macwith Nick Brazzi1h 32m Beginner
1. iTunes Interface
2. Importing Media
3. Managing Your Library
4. Playing Your Content
5. Sharing and Streaming Content
6. iTunes Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.