- View Offline
In this course, lynda.com senior staff author Garrick Chow details the features and capabilities of iPhone for iOS, sharing tips for enhancing and sharing photos along the way. Learn how to examine photos, mark the keepers and delete the duds, improve the overall look of your photos with its arsenal of editing tools, fix problems like red eye and dark areas, and share images with friends and family. Garrick will even show you how to order a printed photo book straight from Apple.
NOTE: With the release of iOS 8, Apple has discontinued iPhoto for iOS. Therefore, iPhoto will not launch in iOS 8, and any existing iPhoto data will be migrated into the Photos app when upgrading to iOS 8. For more information on the migration process, see this documentation.
- Flagging, favoriting, and tagging photos
- Cropping and straightening
- Adjusting exposure, color, and white balance
- Fixing red eyes
- Repairing specific areas of an image
- Mailing and texting photos
- Sending photos to other apps
- Assembling and sharing slideshows
- Ordering prints
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow, and welcome to iPhoto for iOS. iPhoto is a surprisingly capable and powerful photo editing app. That allows you to organize, edit and share your photos directly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. In this course, we'll start things off by taking a look at how to browse and examine your photos to help you figure out which ones you want to work with or share. You'll see how to flag and tag your photos to mark them as keepers or hide the ones that aren't so great. In the chapter on editing, I'll show you all the tools in iPhoto's arsenal you can use to improve the look of your photos, including how to adjust exposure and color settings, and how to apply artistic effects.
You'll see how to fix or improve problematic areas of your photos by lightening areas that are too dark or by removing red-eye from your subject's eyes. I'll also walk you through all the ways you can share your photos from iPhoto. Including how to generate slideshows, web journals, and even how to order physical photo books through Apple. We'll be covering all this and a lot more. So, let's get started.