Creating Photo Books with iPhoto
Discover how to use Apple iPhoto to create photo books—for gifts or to showcase your photography. In this course, author Rich Harrington describes how to organize your images, choose a theme for your book, and customize the layout of each page. The course also shows how to insert captions, enhance photos with one-click effects, and add special features, such as maps. The course concludes with details on ordering books and creating PDF versions to distribute electronically.
This course was created and produced by Rich Harrington. lynda.com is honored to host this content in our library.
- Organizing images in albums
- Choosing a size and theme for your book
- Adding background photos
- Adding more pages
- Changing the page order
- Formatting the cover
- Cropping, straightening, and enhancing images
- Using maps in the layout
- Watching a slideshow of the book
- Ordering from the printer
- Creating a PDF of your book
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington, and I'd like to welcome you as we're about to explore the world of creating books with Apple iPhoto. This is a feature I absolutely love, and for years, I've been using iPhoto and Aperture Books to create content to give away to clients, as well as to capture family memories. In fact, every year, we make books for our kids, using the best pictures from the year, the trips they've taken, the family they've seen, and we bundled it up into a year's worth of memories. Today, I'm gonna share some personal photos with you from a recent trip that we took as a family, and I'm gonna build a book.
It captures both personal moments, and the fact that there's some great pictures from this trip and something that I would want to share with others. And that's what books are all about, with Apple iPhoto. The chance to create professional looking, easy to make books, that you can easily share, and even ship to friends, family, or clients. So, we have a lot to explore, let's jump in.
Enhancing Photos with iPhoto60,788 Views
iPhoto for iOS Essential Training22,467 Views
Up and Running with iPhoto24,076 Views
iPhoto '08 Essential Training208,153 Views
Using iPhoto and Aperture Together65,977 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,295 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training632,647 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,024,214 Views