- View Offline
- Importing images and movies
- Grouping photos by events, faces, and places
- Geotagging images to specific locations
- Creating Smart Albums
- Using keyword and ratings metadata to sort images
- Cropping, straightening, retouching, and rotating photos
- Retouching and enhancing images
- Sharing photos on Facebook, Flickr, and MobileMe
- Creating calendars, books, and cards
- Backing up to an external hard drive
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Derrick Story, and welcome to iPhoto '11 Essential Training. Whether you're brand new to Apple's Photo Management application, or just looking to get comfortable with this latest version, you're in the right place. Think of iPhoto as a digital shoebox where you can store all of your pictures and movies. You can organize these images using the latest technologies, such as Face Detection or the tried-and-true method of when you took the picture. My job is to show you how to use all these tools so you can choose the right approach for you.
I'll explain the best techniques for displaying your pictures by where they were captured using Places, improving the appearance of your pictures with this image editing controls, sharing your photos using the integrated Facebook and Flickr tools, designing professional-looking greeting cards, calendars, and books, building compelling slide shows that will dazzle friends and family, plus, I have plenty of tips that will make your iPhoto experience as much fun as taking the pictures in the first place.
So let's get started with iPhoto '11 Essential Training.