- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, and welcome to iPhone and iPod Touch Essential Training. I'm Garrick Chow. The iPhone is one of the most popular, powerful, and easy-to-use smartphones on the market today. And the iPod Touch is basically an iPhone without the phone, running the same operating system and apps. In this course we're gonna take a detailed look at all the most important features of both of these devices. We'll start by exploring the external controls and the touchscreen interface, getting you up to speed with essential skills, like opening and closing apps and typing with the keyless keyboard. Then we'll cover the most important and frequently used applications in depth, from checking email with Mail, browsing the Web with Safari, enjoying music and videos, and of course using the incredibly robust phone features.
We'll also look at how to find and install any of over 500,000 additional apps from the App Store to further enhance and extend the capabilities of your device. And we'll wrap up with an in-depth look at important preferences and settings, as well as tips for troubleshooting your device when necessary. This course will show you all the essential skills you need to not just use your device, but to use it effectively, while taking advantage of all the powerful features it has to offer. Now, let's get started with iPhone and iPod Touch Essential Training.
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.