Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Wireless syncing, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
With the release of iOS 5 and iTunes 10.5, Apple has made it possible to…sync your iOS device with your computer without the need to connect it via a USB cable.…In order to set this up, you do have to connect your device to your computer…with a USB cable at least once.…When it shows up in the iTunes sidebar, you can select it, and then under the…Summary tab, check Sync this iPod or iPhone over Wi-Fi, then click Apply.…Your iPhone will now sync with iTunes anytime it's on the same network as your…computer, and when it's connected to a power source, maybe while you're…charging it overnight.…
So, I'll actually unplug my USB cable from my computer right now, and notice…that my iPhone still appears here in iTunes.…Now, officially according to Apple, you need to plug your device into a power…source in order for it to sync. I'll do that now.…So, notice I can still select my iPod.…After I've unplugged, it's going to ask me apply the changes that I made, so…I'll go ahead and do that, but I can still see the music that's on the iPod;…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.