Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Wi-Fi, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Back in the first chapter we looked at the basics of how to connect your iPhone…or iPod touch to a Wi-Fi network and get online.…Now I'd like to cover a couple of important things to know about using…Wi-Fi with your device.…As I mentioned in the first chapter, your device will remember networks you've…previously connected to and automatically reconnect to them.…This is a convenience so you don't have to constantly go through a series of…menus to connect to a network you've already been on.…If the Wi-Fi network has a unique name, this is just fine.…But if you're guilty of leaving your Wi- Fi router's name at its default setting,…for example, you can almost be certain to find multiple Wi-Fi networks with the…name Linksys or even Wireless, your iPhone won't be able to tell the difference…between one Wi-Fi network named Wireless and another and will happily connect to…any router with that name whenever you're within range of one.…
In some cases that will be okay and you'll just end up leaching off someone…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.