Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Voice control for non-iPhone 4S devices, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you don't have an iPhone 4S, you don't have Siri and you can't dictate…messages and commands like we saw in the movies earlier in this chapter.…But if you have an iPhone 3GS or 4 or you have a 4th generation iPod , you…can still control your device to an extent with voice commands.…But your commands are going to be limited to phone call and music related commands.…Now, if you are on an iPhone 4s but you turn off Siri completely by going into…Settings > General > Siri, and turn off Siri from here,…your iPhone would default to the voice command feature found on the iPhone 4 and 3GS.…
When using voice commands, you can either speak directly into your device or you…can use the iPhone earbuds with a built -in microphone or a Bluetooth headset.…Let's take a look at phone related commands first and these of course will…only work on the iPhone.…Oh and incidentally, all of the commands I'm going to run through in this movie…also work with Siri on the iPhone 4s.…Although in many cases, you can probably find less verbose ways of getting the…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.