Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing and editing video, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
So we have seen that you can shoot some pretty good quality video with the…iPhone and iPod 's built-in camera, and not only that, but you can also…edit your videos to some extent.…So in this movie we'll take a look at the video editing process on the iPhone.…First open Photos and locate the video you want to edit.…You can view and edit your videos both in landscape and portrait mode, though…you'll probably have an easier time editing in landscape mode.…Tap the big Play button in the center of the opening frame to play the video.…It's important to review your footage so you can get an idea which parts…you want to get rid of.…
Now, when you edit a video on the iPhone, you're pretty much limited to…trimming, meaning you can trim footage off the beginning or end of your clip but…you can't remove portions of the video within the clip itself.…So, if a random stranger walks through your vacation video in the middle of…shooting, you can't get rid of him without losing all the footage that came…before him or all the footage that comes after him.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.