Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the included headset , part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
In addition to using the iPhone's built- in earpiece or its speaker phone to hold…your phone conversations, you can also use the earbud headset that was packed in…the box along with your phone.…The current earbuds features a small remote unit attached to the right earbud's cable.…On one side there's a tiny microphone and on the other side you see plus and minus buttons.…The center portion is a button too making this a three-button device.…The earbuds that came with the earlier iPhone models only had a one-button remote.…But you can purchase the newest earbuds set separately.…This headset lets you control functions related to phone calls as well as…video and audio playback.…
In this movie we're going to focus on using the headset during phone calls.…Obviously the headset has to be plugged in to your phone.…Now you can place calls with the headset using voice commands, but we'll cover…voice control a little later in this chapter.…Let's say I get an incoming call while my headset is plugged in into my iPhone.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.