Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the included earbud controls, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you use the earbud headset that came with your iPhone or iPod , you can…control your music playback using the built-in remote control attached to the…right earbud's cable.…The iPhone comes with the headset that includes volume controls, in addition to…the center button used in controlling playback.…The earbuds that's shipped with iPod come without the built-in controls,…although you can buy a set with controls for your iPod .…With your headset plugged in to your device, you still need to browse to your…music library and pick the song or playlist you want to play.…Let's start this song playing.…
(Music playing)…And I will just pause that for now.…All of your iPhone's audio will go through your headphones when they are plugged in.…If you unplug the headphones, the music will automatically pause.…This prevents you music from blarring out of your phone if you accidentally…yank the headphones out. If that happens, just plug them back in and start the music again.…Now, there are only a handful of actions for controlling your music playback…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.