Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the iPhone during a call, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Now, let's take a look at what you can do with an iPhone during a call.…So, my phone is ringing now and I'll answer it.…Whether you place the phone call or whether you answer to an incoming call,…these are the six buttons you'll see during the call.…Now, you'll only see these buttons if you're not holding the phone up to your ear.…The iPhone has a built-in proximity sensor that detects when you're holding the…phone up to your ear.…The sensor is located above the earpiece speaker.…Notice, if I hold my finger over that area the screen goes dark.…This actually serves a number of purposes.…First of all, they can be distracting to hold a brightly-lit screen to your face…especially if you're in a dimly-lit room.…
More importantly though, this also temporarily deactivates the screen's touch…sensitivity, which prevents you from accidentally tapping buttons with your…cheek, and of course, having the screen turned off, especially during long phone…calls, conserves battery power.…But the second you take the phone away from your head, the screen turns back on…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.