Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the YouTube app, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you spent anytime on the Web in the past several years, you've heard of…YouTube, the most popular video sharing site on the Web.…Your iPhone or iPad touch's YouTube app lets you find and view not all, but…almost all of the content found on YouTube.…When you first open the YouTube app, you can sign into your account by tapping…the Sign In button on the top left of either the Favorites or the More sections.…That will give you access to any account settings you set up through the…YouTube.com site. But it's not a requirement to sign-in so I'm just going to cancel for now.…There are several ways to find videos through the YouTube application.…
The default choices on the main app screen are Featured, Most Viewed, Search, and Favorites.…Under the More tab, you can also search the Most Recent and Top Rated…videos, browse your view History, Subscriptions and Playlists, and see…videos you've uploaded.…You can also change the default set of options on the main page. Select Edit on…the More page and all the viewing options appear.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.