Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Weather app, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
The included weather app on the iPhone or iPad touch is a great simple…application that lets you check the weather in up to 20 different locations.…This is particularly useful if you travel a lot or need to know what to pack on…a multiple city trip.…When you first launched the weather app, here you'll see the current temperature…as well as the five day forecast.…At the top of the screen, an image of the current weather situation is displayed.…Depending on the weather, you might see clouds, sunshine, rain or snow.…If it's currently night time in the city you're checking out, the current…moon phase will also be displayed, which is a nice touch if you care to know…about that sort of thing.…
To change or add a location, simply tap the I at the bottom of the screen.…Here, press the plus button, then type either the city or zip code of the…location you're looking for.…The weather function works internationally, so typing say "Bethlehem" will get…results for cities in the west bank Palestine, as well as in Pennsylvania.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.