Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Voice Memos app, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Although the Notes app is great for jotting down quick notes and lists, some…people prefer to speak their thoughts and ideas instead of typing them out.…For one thing, speaking is much faster than typing on the iPhone keyboard and…it lets you get your thoughts out faster.…So for those times when you'd rather speak than type, you can use the…included Voice Memos app.…Now, using Voice Memos does require you to have a microphone, which isn't a…problem for the iPhone or the 4th generation iPod touch, since they each have a…built-in microphone, and the iPhone also ships with the ear-bud headset, which…includes a microphone as well.…But if you have an older iPod touch, you'll need to purchase a headset with a…built-in microphone from Apple or another vendor, or you can buy one of several…tiny microphones that plug into the headset jack of the iPod.…
These mics usually cost around $20 or so and produce surprisingly decent sound…recordings, at least in terms of the quality you need for voice memos.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.