Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Street View, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Let's take a quick look at what might be one of the coolest features of the Maps app.…Let's say I'm headed to a city I've either never been to before or at least to a…section of a city I've never been to, and I want to get the lay of the land so I…can find my way around once I get there.…Enter Google Street View.…Since 2007, Google has set up fleets of cars and vans equipped with 360-Degree…camera setups to drive all over the roads of the world and photograph them while…noting their GPS position.…This resulted in Google Street View, which instead of the typical top down…view of a map or satellite image, lets you see your destinations or other…locations at street level.…
It's a fantastic tool for seeing where the entrance to a center city parking…garage is or what your friend's apartment door looks like or whether the area…around the hotel you're thinking of staying in looks kind of seedy.…You can even use it to see which shops or storefronts are near the part of town…you're planning on visiting.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.