Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Stocks app, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
As you know, your iPhone comes with a number of preloaded applications,…and whether you want them or not, you're stuck with them, since they can't be removed.…So you might as well get to know them.…We've already looked at many of the preloaded apps in earlier movies, and in…this chapter, we're going to take a look at a couple of apps that didn't really…fit anywhere else in this course.…This is not to say these apps are worthless or far from it, but they are so…individual in their purposes and uses that it made sense to just put them…together in this one chapter.…The first app we're going to look at is the Stocks app, and as its name implies,…this app keeps track of stocks.…Stocks tracks a couple of different stocks when you open it, including…Apple, Google, and Yahoo!…Here, you can see the current share price and how much that price has gone up or…down during the day.…
A green box indicates the price went up, and a red box indicates the price went down.…Tap a Stock to display its Price Graph at the bottom of the screen.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.