Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Reader and the Reading List, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Safari in iOS 5 comes with two new features that can make reading webpages…easier and more convenient.…When you come across text-heavy pages, sometimes it's difficult to read the text…without having to pinch out to zoom in.…And often when you get text to a legible size, you then have to drag the page…back and forth to be able to read everything.…But Safari is able to detect large chunks of text on most webpages.…And when it does, you'll see this button labeled Reader in the Address Bar.…Tapping it brings up a version of the webpage with just the text and images…ignoring the layout of the page itself and any other distraction such as ads…and interface elements.…
So as you can see here, I now see the title of the page, the image that was…in the main body, and if I scroll down, I can now read the text of the page much more easily.…You'll also find this Font Size button in the upper left-hand corner which you…can use to make the text larger or smaller.…And just so you know, Reader also recognizes when articles span multiple…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.