Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Notification Center, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Often times, when you're performing one task on your iPhone or iPod touch, maybe…checking your email or playing a game or watching a video, other applications…will need your attention.…Maybe you receive a text message or a voicemail.…In iOS 5, Apple has refined the way alerts and messages appear on your device.…For example, maybe while I'm playing this game, I receive a text message.…I'm alerted to this by a notification area that temporarily appears at the top of my screen.…This allows me to glance at and preview my message without leaving my game, and…as you just saw, after a few seconds, the notification disappears, and I can…continue playing my game.…
Now I've received another text message.…Again, I can read the notification and see who sent it.…In this case, I want to respond to this notification, so I'll tap it and I'm…immediately switched over to the Message app, and I can type my reply.…So, notifications on iOS 5 are fairly unobtrusive.…You can ignore them and they'll disappear after a few seconds, or you can tap…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iPad Tips and Tricks (2010)with Christopher Breen4h 17m Appropriate for all
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.