Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Notes app, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Since you probably carry around your iPhone most of the time or possibly even…your iPod , it makes sense that they should have built-in apps to jot down…notes and reminders for yourself.…The Notes application is great for keeping text notes of shopping lists, to-do…lists or any ideas that suddenly pop into your head.…Tap Notes to open the app.…If you've never used it before, you'll see a message that says No Notes.…If you have used it before, the app will open on the last note you entered.…In any case, to create a new note tap the plus button . That opens up a New Note…page, which looks a lot like a yellow legal pad and the keyboard appears at the…bottom of the screen.…
Notes also support landscape view.…So if you want a slightly bigger keyboard, turn the iPhone or iPod touch on its side.…The downside is you'll be able to see fewer lines of text.…I'm going to rotate mine back and the only thing to do here is type.…There's no font sizing, no changing of the background or customizing of anything else.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.