Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using FaceTime, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Built-in to all iOS devices with front -facing cameras like the iPhone 4 and…later and the 4th generation iPod touch, is a feature called Facetime, which is…a video-chatting feature that lets you and the person you're calling both see…and hear each other.…It's a great way to have a face-to-face conversation, show someone where you're…calling them from or just to see your friend's expression when you share some…cool news with them.…Now, in order to use Facetime both callers have to be on an iOS device with a…front-facing camera and both callers need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network.…Other than that, there's no set-up required, although you might want to go into…Settings>Facetime and just make sure Facetime is turned ON.…
One way to make a Facetime call is to first make a regular phone call.…I'm going to dial my friend Nick from my favorites list here.…So, now Nick has answered the call.…I know he has an iPhone4 and we're both connected to our own Wi-Fi networks, so…I'm going to tap the Facetime button.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.