Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Clock app, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
In this movie, I want to take a look at the iPhone and iPod 's Clock app,…which is actually four different mini apps all in one. Let's open it up.…The first function of the Clock app is the World Clock.…In here, you can add and view the time for cities and time zones all over the world.…This is particularly handy if you frequently have dealings with people on the…opposite coast, in Europe, or in any other time zone where you need to take time…differences into consideration.…The default clock here is Cupertino, which just happens to be where Apple is headquartered.…To add another city, tap the Plus button, and then, type the name of the city.…
For the most part, only major cities are tracked here.…So if the city you're looking for isn't listed, just type the name of a major…city in the same time zone.…For example, I'll start typing Wellington, and Wellington, New Zealand pops…up as a suggestion.…I'll tap it to select it, and now, I have a clock for Wellington in my world clocks.…Conveniently, in addition to the time, I can see that it's tomorrow over there,…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.