Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Calculator app, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
The Calculator app is exactly what you think it is, a calculator.…Upon launch, all your expected calculator functions are there:…Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication ), Division, Plus/Minus), and the Memory…Addition, Subtraction, Recall), and Clear buttons.…However, turn your iPhone to Landscape Mode and the Calculator expands to a…Scientific Calculator, adding geometric, trigonometric, and logarithmic…functions as well as calculations working with exponents, roots, and factorials.…This is another huge advantage of the iPhone and iPad touch's virtual keyboard.…Apps are not limited by physical keys, so including a scientific calculator is a…relatively easy task for a developer when you can create the position of the…buttons anywhere you like.…
Now, I'm not going to go into the function of each and every button here, but if…you ever need to run a calculation, that's of a complexity between figuring how…to tip at dinner and predicting when a rouge comet is going to hit the earth,…chances are you can use the iPhone Calculator.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.