Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using AirPlay to stream content wirelessly from an iPhone to an Apple TV or AirPort Express, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
With the release of iOS 4.2, Apple introduced Airplay.…Airplay is based on a previous technology from Apple called AirTunes which…allowed you to stream music from your iTunes Library to AirPort Express Wi-Fi devices.…But now that it's been revamped as Airplay, a whole world of options is…opened up, including the ability to stream content from your iOS device to any…Airplay-enabled device like an Apple TV, like the one I have hooked up here behind me.…Or to one of many third-party Airplay products that are hitting the market like…stereos and remote speakers.…All you have to do is make sure that your iPhone and Airplay device are both…on the same network.…
For this example, I have an AirPort Express and an Apple TV all connected to the…same network where my iPhone is currently on.…So let's go my iPhone and tap Music.…And here, I will start a song playing.…(Music playing)…Notice this button that appears to the right of the playback controls.…That's the Airplay button.…And it appears when an Airplay device is detected on your network.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.