Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Usage, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Now let's go into Settings > General, and take a look at the Usage area.…This section contains info on things like how much space your apps are taking up…and how much iCloud storage you're using if you're an iCloud user.…The iPhone has settings here that the iPod touch doesn't, but we'll get to those momentarily.…Now, when you first open Usage, your device might take a few moments to think.…What it's doing is scanning itself and figuring out how much space each of…your apps is taking up.…It then lists the apps in order of the one's using the most space on your device.…For example, I can see here that Music is taking up the most space at 2.7…gigabytes, followed by Video, followed by a game called Infinity Blade at 938 megabytes.…
Tapping an app gives you more details.…In the case of Music, I can see that my Music takes up 2.4 gigabytes of space,…Podcast take up 194 megabytes, and Audiobooks take up 45 megabytes.…The nice thing is that you can delete items right from here.…So if I'm done listening to this Audiobook, for example, and I want to free up…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.