Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Upgrading to iOS 5, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Before we get into things, first make sure your iPhone or iPod touch is running…the latest iOS Operating System software.…In this course, we're going to be covering the iOS 5 Operating System.…You can easily determine if your device is running the latest software by…opening iTunes on your computer and plugging in your iPhone or iPod touch with…the included USB cable, which I'll do right now.…And as you can see, I get a message telling me that new software is available…for my iPhone and I can choose to download only, which will just download the…software and I can install it at a later time or I can choose Download and…Update to do it all at once.…
Now, I'm just going to click Cancel here so I can show you how to upgrade your…software in case you didn't see this message.…So here in iTunes, I'm going to select my iPhone.…Here under Devices and under the Summary tab, I can see I'm currently running…software version 4.3.3, and here under the Version section, I see a message…telling me, A newer version of the iPhone software is available, Version 5.0.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.