Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the App Store, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Unless you don't pay much attention to TV or magazine ads, you're probably well…aware of the App store, the one stop, only game in town place to browse,…purchase and download apps for your iPhone or iPod touch.…Yes, the iPhone and iPod touch come with some great and incredibly useful built…in applications, but let's face it.…These devices are really mini hand- held computers and are capable of so much…more than just what they do out of the box, and thousands of developers have…created, as I record this, over 500, 000 apps and counting for the iPhone.…We've reached the point where if you think of something you wished that the…iPhone or iPod touch can do and it's within the realm of possibility for it to…do so, chances are that one or more developers have thought of the same idea and…created an app for it.…
It's just a matter of hitting the App Store and performing a search.…You can find apps for getting up to the minute news and weather reports, for…managing your finances, for finding new restaurants and of course, you'll find a…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.