Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Turning Caller ID on and off, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Caller ID is another feature that's on by default on your iPhone.…When people call your phone, you'll see their number appear on the screen while…the phone is ringing.…This lets you see if you recognize the number and decide whether to answer the call or not.…When people whose phone numbers you have listed in your Contacts call your…phone, you'll see their names appear in the same way you've entered them…into your Contacts.…You can't turn off the ability to see the numbers or names of the people calling you.…And frankly, I can't think of a good reason to do so, but you can turn off the…ability of others to see your Caller ID information whenever you call them.…Now whatever reason you have to hide your identity from your callers until they…pick up is your own business.…
I'm just here to show you how to do it.…Go to Settings>Phone>Show My Caller ID.…And here you can tap the switch to turn it off.…When you have Show My Caller ID off and you place a call, the person receiving…your call will see a variety of messages depending on the phone you're calling.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.