Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Turning Call Waiting on and off, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Included in your iPhone's calling plan and turned on by default is the…Call Waiting feature.…In case you've never used a telephone before, Call Waiting is a feature…that lets you know a second person is calling you while you're on the phone with someone else.…In an earlier movie, we saw how you can switch back and forth between your…callers and even merge the two calls into a conference call.…But there may be times when you want to turn Call Forwarding Off.…For example, you might be about to start an important work-related call and you…want to make sure you're not distracted by other callers.…By turning Call Waiting off, all callers will be sent directly to your voicemail.…To do so, go to Settings>Phone>Call Waiting and here you just tap the On/Off…switch to turn Call Waiting On or Off.…
Similar to Call Forwarding, your Call Waiting settings are not stored on your iPhone.…What you're doing here is sending a message to AT&T, letting their system know…that you would like Call Waiting turned off.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.