Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Taking screenshots, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Sometimes, the photo you want to shoot on your iPhone or iPod touch is off the screen itself.…Maybe your device is acting strangely, maybe you just hit the highest score in a…game you're playing and you want evidence of your achievement to send to…friends, maybe you want to use a still frame from a movie or TV show you're…watching as your phone's wallpaper.…The point is that it's very easy to take a screenshot of whatever is on your…iPhone or iPod 's screen.…Let's say I'm out in sunny California were the weather is warm and pleasant…while back home on the East Coast my friends are freezing in the cold and snow.…I want to send them a photo of the current temperature out here which I'm sure…they will enjoy seeing.…I'm going to open my Weather app and the weather here looks fine.…
So to take a screen shot, you're going to hold down the Sleep/Wake button and…then press the Home button.…The screen flashes white.…You hear that little camera shutter sound effect and that's it.…Now alternately, you can press and hold the Home button first and then press the…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.