Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Syncing music, movies, and ringtones, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
So let's look at how to get music, videos and ringtones onto your iPhone or iPod .…Now I've set up my iPod to be manually managed.…So I've checked Manually manage music and videos and that just means I wanted…the option to just drag whatever content I want onto my iPod.…The way this works is once I have my device set up this way is that I can go…into my Music library and start grabbing any and all songs I want to add to my iPod.…I'll grab these songs here, just drag with my iPod, and you can see…they're copying over now.…
Now, I can also grab entire playlists and drag with my iPhone or iPod .…Here I have a playlist called Driving Tunes.…It contains seven songs and I drag that to my iPod and notice that adds a…playlist to my device and it contains the exact same songs in the exact same…order as the version of the playlist here on iTunes.…But because I manually manage my music, the version of the playlist on my iPhone…and the one in iTunes don't stay synced together.…Now, if I were to add more music to my iTunes playlist, first I'll grab these…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.