Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Syncing contacts and calendars from a PC, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
In addition to syncing your music, movies and photos, your iPhone or iPod …also supports the synching of contacts and calendars.…So, if you carry around your iPod or iPhone all the time, you have quick access…to your addresses, phone numbers, and schedule.…In this movie, we'll look at how this works on Windows machines.…If you're on a Mac, check out the previous movie for info on how to sync…contacts and calendars with your device.…Here in iTunes, I have my iPod touch selected, and I'm going to go to the Info tab.…So, when you're working on a PC, you can choose to sync your contacts with…Outlook, Google Contacts, Windows Contacts or Yahoo! Address Book.…
If you're using Outlook, you have to be using at least version 2003 or later,…or Outlook Express.…If you don't have Outlook, on Windows Vista or in Windows 7, you can use your…Windows Contacts, which you can look at by going to the Start Menu, your User…folder, and Contacts.…And again, you also have the option of syncing Google Contacts or your Yahoo!…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.