Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Syncing contacts and calendars from a Mac, part of iPhone and iPod touch iOS 5 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In addition to copying your music, movies, and photos to your iPhone and iPod…, you can also sync all of your contacts and calendars.…So if you carry around your iPod or iPhone all the time, you have quick access…to your addresses, phone numbers, and schedule.…The process is slightly different between Macs and Windows.…So, in this movie, we'll look at how this works on the Mac.…If you are on Windows, you can jump to the next movie.…Here in iTunes, I have my iPod selected, and I'm going to select the Info tab.…When you're working on a Mac, your contact information comes from your Address…Book application found in your Applications folder.…I've opened mine and it's in the dock here.…
I have just a few examples in here, but you can see I've also created some…address book groups called Family, Friends, and Work.…Now, back here in iTunes, I can check Sync Address Book Contacts, and then…choose whether I want to copy all of my contacts from address book over or…just selected groups.…If I choose Selected groups, I can then select which groups I want;…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.