Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Syncing a Bluetooth keyboard, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you do a lot of typing with your iPhone or iPod , you might want to…consider getting an external Bluetooth keyboard.…The iPhone's onscreen keyboard is nice for brief periods of typing, but when you…have to write paragraphs of text, you're going to be much quicker and more…efficient on a full sized keyboard.…The first step is to pair your iPhone or iPod touch with the keyboard.…The setup process only has to be done once in order for your device and your…keyboard to recognize each other.…So, first follow the instructions that came with your keyboard to put it into…pairing or discoverable mode.…This is a mode that says here I am, to other Bluetooth devices.…
In the case of this Apple Bluetooth keyboard, you just turn it on.…Once your keyboard is in discoverable mode, go to your iPhone or iPod touch and…tap Settings>General>Bluetooth.…Make sure Bluetooth is on.…In a moment, you should see your keyboard appear in the list of available devices.…Select it.…In order to complete the pairing process, you're prompted to enter a four…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.