Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Showing traffic and alternate maps, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
In addition to the map that you see when you first open the Maps application,…there are a couple of other types of maps, views and enhancements available.…Tapping the curled page button reveals some more views like Satellite, which…gives you satellite imagery of your locations.…Besides being fun to look at, the Satellite View can give you a better idea…of the layout of your locations in terms of the arrangements of the buildings and landscape.…But, in this view, you don't see any street names so you can tap the curled page…button again, and select Hybrid which gives you the Satellite View with street…and highways overlaid on top of it.…It can be kind of fun to just keep double-tapping the Satellite or Hybrid maps…just to see how much detail is found in the satellite photographs.…
Although, if you go in too far, it will either say a no images message, or…zooming further will just not be possible, which basically means that you're…zoomed in too far to reveal anymore detail.…Pinch in or two-finger tap to zoom back out again.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.