Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Shooting video, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you have an iPhone 3GS or later, you have the ability to shoot video as well…as still photos with the Camera App, and unlike the video that comes from many…other camera phones, video shot on the iPhone actually looks nice and crisp and…has a very smooth playback.…In fact, the iPhone 4 shoots in high- definition 720p video and the 4S shoots at a full 1080p.…The controls for shooting video are pretty much identical to shooting still photos.…Just start up the Camera App, but be sure to tap the button in the lower corner…to slide the Selector to the Video Camera icon.…The icon on the Shutter button also turns into a red dot reminiscent of the tiny…red light on most camcorders to let you know you're recording.…
All you have to do now is frame up your subject.…As with still photos, you can shoot videos neither Portrait or Landscape Mode.…The iPhone will know what you're shooting in and keep the video right side up…when you play it back later.…But bear in mind that most tender videos are wider than they are tall.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.