Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Shooting better photos using HDR and grid lines, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
When shooting still photos with the rear facing camera on your iOS device,…you'll see this Options button.…If you have an iPhone 4 or 4S, tapping it reveals two separate options.…If you have an iPod touch you'll only have the first option which is Grid. Let's turn it on.…This Grid can be use to help you frame the subjects in your shot.…You may've heard of the rule of thirds when it comes to photography and design.…Basically it's often more statically pleasing to compose your shots by placing…the subject of your photo along one of these Grid lines, rather than perfectly…centered in the shot.…
So for example, I want to take a picture of this tree.…Rather than putting it dead center in my photo, I'm going to align it up…with the Grid line.…I'm also going to tilt my phone a bit, so the perceived horizon lines up with…the lower Grid line.…I'll tap the tree to make sure I'm exposing it properly and I'll take my shot.…I'll swipe right to review my photo.…Now, a lot of this is subjective but most people agree that using the Grid can…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.