Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing contacts, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
Occasionally, you may need to share the contact information in your address…book with someone else.…Maybe you want to send a friend the number and e-mail address of a contractor…you use for home repair, or the number of a hotel you'll be staying at.…You can easily send contact information from your iPhone to another phone or computer.…First, you want to find the contact you want to send.…And at the bottom of each contact, you'll find a button labeled Share Contact.…You have the choice to send this contact information via e-mail by a text message.…
Now what were going to send is referred to as a V-card.…A V-card is a small file containing all the info from your contact, formatted so…that anyone who opens the V-card on a device that understands that format will…be able to instantly add that contact to their own address book.…So, whether or not the person receiving the info you're sending can use the…V-card is going to depend on if they're using a phone or computer software that…can understand the V-card format.…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
iMovie for iPad Essential Trainingwith Garrick Chow1h 37m Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.