Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up other email accounts, part of iOS 5: iPhone and iPod touch Essential Training.
If you have an email account that isn't one of the seven types of the iPhone and…iPod touch can setup automatically for you, maybe your email account is through…your internet service provider or through the company you work for, you can…still manage your email on your device.…Start by tapping Settings then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars and in here tap Add Account.…To setup your email, scroll down and tap Other, then tap Add Mail Account then…complete these four fields.…Type the name you want to appear in the From field when other people receive the…emails you send to them.…
So decide whether you want them to see your full name, just your first name or some nickname.…I'll type my first and last name, then I enter the email address I want to…manage from my iPhone and I can either leave the Description field as is or I…can type in some other description.…I'll tap Next, at this point, the phone tries to figure out if you can determine…the other settings that need to access this email account based on your email…
- Exploring the touchscreen interface
- Setting up iPhone and iPod touch preferences
- Synching with a Mac or PC
- Typing with the intelligent keyboard
- Making phone calls and retrieving voicemail
- Finding a location with Maps
- Downloading and playing music and video
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Using accessibility features
- Tweeting on the iPhone
- Locating a lost iPhone with Find My iPhone
- Sending free text messages with iMessage
- Finding and purchasing applications from the App Store
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Basics
2. The Essentials of Typing
3. Syncing with a Computer
4. The Phone Part of the iPhone
6. Surfing the Web
7. The iPod Part of the iPhone
8. Shooting Photos and Video and Managing the Photo Library
9. Getting Around
10. Managing Your Time
11. Taking Notes
12. The Other Included Apps
13. The App Store
14. Important Settings
15. Protecting Your iPhone
16. Using Siri and Voice Control
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.